Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Spinning Heads and Uncertainties


My first post was The Big Reveal. The admission that Ryan, Johanna, and I have made the conscious choice to abandon society’s idea of normalcy. That we want to travel and see the world before we’re too old to do it without a walker. And the way our lives are now, we’re not sure this will happen without making changes. Big changes.

There are a million things floating around in my head… mainly questions:
  • How will we make money?
  • How can we even afford this at all? None of us currently own a bus or an RV.
  • Will I hate traveling around and living out of a bus or RV?
  •  What if we all can’t stop fighting? (though normally we never do)
  • What will my parents say? (I can tell you right now, one of my parents will FREAK)
  • How will my dog handle this? Will the trip be enhanced or hindered by him?
  • How can we help people and make the world a better place through our travels?


Right now there are more uncertainties than anything but I’m hoping with time, even though we’re a year away, my nerves will start to subside. After all, all good things are wild and free.

With love,





1 comment:

  1. You'll probably be more scared, and more excited, when the time comes to leave. Everything will likely just be heightened. That's okay, though: if it's not scary, what's the point? What are you overcoming? How are you growing, if you're not afraid? At least, that's what I tell myself :)

    ReplyDelete